Features & Benefits
- Energy efficient glass providing improved solar control and thermal insulation;
- Helps reduce summer heat gain and winter heat loss through improvements in SHGC and U-values when compared to ordinary non coated glass;
- Reduces heating and cooling energy costs;
- Coating is durable and most have low visual reflectivity.
Residential and commercial glazing to meet energy requirements.
Design & Glazing Notes
When compared to ordinary non coated clear glass, Low-E glass can introduce some added complexities in relation to selection of glass types, manufacture and installation. For more information (Download)
How to Specify
- Select either Sol-R™ Low-E coated glass, Sol-XT™ High Performance Low-E Coated Glass or Sunergy® Low-E Coated Glass;
- Select appropriate thickness and process;
- Single or IGU and either Toughened, Toughened Heat Soaked, Heat Strengthened, Laminated or Annealed.
- All glass to be selected and installed in accordance but not exclusively to the following Australian Standards;
AS 1288 Glass in buildings – Selection and installation
AS/NZ 2208 Safety glazing materials in buildings
AS 4666 Insulating glass units
AS/NZS 4667 Quality requirements for cut-to-size and processed glass
AS 1170 Wind & Structural Design Actions