Features & Benefits
Reduces summer heat gain and winter heat loss when compared to ordinary clear glass;
Range of options available to suit different climate regions;
Available as a Grade A safety toughened or laminated glass.
Residential and commercial glazing
- Options available for colder and warmer climates;
- Colder climates - SOL-R™ Clear range balances high levels of natural light transmission with improved thermal insulation providing a brighter and more comfortable interior space. Most suited for colder climates allowing for direct winter sun to passively heat the room or building. The low-E coating then performs as an insulator, helping to retain heat inside the room or building.
- Warmer climates – for requirements where solar control is most important select SOL-R™ Neutral, Grey, Green or Blue options which will lower the SHGC factor whilst maintaining moderate levels of natural light transmission, depending on selection. The low-E coating works to reduce heat gain from the sun’s direct energy, providing greater solar control and thermal insulation compared to ordinary single clear glass.
- Glass thickness range 4/5/6/8/10mm in single toughened, toughened heat soaked, heat strengthened and can also be combined into laminated glass with different interlayer types to provide customised energy control, depending on requirements;
- Stock sheet sizes 5100mm x 3210mm
Design & Glazing Notes
When compared to ordinary non coated clear glass, Low-E glass can introduce some added complexities in relation to selection of glass types, manufacture and installation. For more information (Download)
How to Specify
- Select either SOL-R™ Clear Low-E Coated Glass or SOL-R™ Neutral, Grey, Green or Blue Low-E Coated Glass options;
- Select appropriate thickness and process;
- Single or IGU and either toughened, toughened heat soaked, heat strengthened, laminated or annealed float;
- All glass to be selected and installed in accordance but not exclusively to the following Australian Standards;
AS 1288 Glass in buildings – Selection and installation
AS/NZ 2208 Safety glazing materials in buildings
AS 4666 Insulating glass units
AS/NZS 4667 Quality requirements for cut-to-size and processed glass
AS 1170 Wind & Structural Design Actions