Features & Benefits
- Energy efficiency is improved with correct glass selection;
- Condensation substantially reduced;
- Noise reduction better achieved when combined with Acousta™ laminated glass;
- Safety and security benefits when units are made with either Grade ‘A” Toughened or Laminated safety glass.
Residential and commercial glazing to meet any of either energy, noise or safety and security requirements.
Select either Duo Plus™ IGU or Duo Ultra™ High Performance IGU.
Maximum Size – 4500mm x 2700mm
Minimum Size – 350mm x 180mm
Maximum thickness – 15mm + spacer width + 19mm
Minimum thickness – 4mm + 8mm spacer + 4mm
Spacer widths – 8,10,12,14,16,20mm
*subject to glass types and design specifications.
Design and Glazing Notes
When compared to ordinary single glazing, IGU’s can introduce some added complexities in relation to selection of glass types, manufacture and installation. IGU’s can also present issues relating to acceptable visual faults. For more information (Download)
How to Specify
- Select either Duo Plus™ or Duo Ultra™ High Performance IGU from Energy Performance Data chart.
- Select appropriate overall thickness and glass types - Eg. 24mm IGU consisting of 6mm glass /12mm argon/6mm glass. Select either toughened, toughened heat soaked, heat strengthened, laminated or annealed float glass depending on application;
- All glass to be selected and installed in accordance but not exclusively to the following Australian Standards;
AS 1288 Glass in buildings – Selection and installation
AS/NZ 2208 Safety glazing materials in buildings
AS 4666 Insulating glass units
AS/NZS 4667 Quality requirements for cut-to-size and processed glass
AS 1170 Wind & Structural Design Actions