Features & Benefits
- Grade ‘A’ Safety Glass per AS/NZS 2208:1996 Safety glazing materials in buildings;
- Depending on impact will not splinter into jagged pieces and will remain intact in the opening;
- Wide range of applications to suit energy, acoustics, decorative, strength and safety.
Residential and commercial glazing.
Available 6.38mm to 33.52mm thickness.
Maximum Size – 5000mm x 2600mm
Minimum Size –
- Cutting from stock sheets - 260mm measuring across the diagonal or 250mm x100mm for flat ground and polished edges;
- Custom laminated – minimum dimension 400mm x 400mm or 1000mm x 200mm.
*subject to inhouse manufacturing limitations per given thickness, types and design specifications.
Design & Glazing Notes
For energy efficiency solutions, select either SOL-R™ or Sunergy® low-E glass types. For noise reduction, select Acousta™ laminated glass. For structural and strength applications, both panels can be either heat strengthened or toughened with thicker and stronger interlayers such as SentryGlas® (SGP) or DG41. Decorative elements can be added with Vanceva® coloured interlayers and ImageTek™ceramic ink printed panels. For more details refer to Laminated Glass Design & Glazing Notes (Download).
How to Specify
- Specify National Glass Laminated Safety Glass;
- Select appropriate thickness and glass type;
- Single annealed laminated, heat strengthened, toughened, toughened heat soaked laminated or in an IGU;
- Energy requirements – select SOL-R™, SOL-XT™ or Sunergy® laminated low-E glass;
- Acoustic requirements – select Acousta™ laminated glass;
- Strength requirements – depending on application, select either heat strengthened or toughened laminated using SentryGlas® (SGP) or DG41 interlayers;
- Decorative applications – select Vanceva® coloured laminated glass or ImageTek™ ceramic ink printed panel options;
- All glass to be selected and installed in accordance but not exclusively to the following Australian Standards;
AS 1288 Glass in buildings – Selection and installation
AS/NZ 2208 Safety glazing materials in buildings
AS 4666 Insulating glass units
AS/NZS 4667 Quality requirements for cut-to-size and processed glass
AS 1170 Wind & Structural Design Actions