A Message to Customers, Contractors and Partners
National Glass's priority is the safety of its employees, customers, contractors and partners.
In following guidance from the Australian Department of Health, the World Health Organisation (WHO) and our own medical experts, a number of ways we operate and make contact with people changes until further advice is received.
- All visitors must not enter a National Glass site should they display symptoms of COVID-19, indicated with signage at the front gate or door. Couriers will be asked to leave documents in a tray at the front gate or door.
- For our customers, sales representatives will only visit your premises on request for business critical requirements. A Dual Declaration Form (download form) must be completed to the satisfaction of both parties.
- National has a diversified, and where possible multi-sourced supply chain. We have been working diligently with our supply partners to ensure continuity of supply, which includes utilising air freight where it is required and possible to arrange. At this point in time we do not foresee any major disruptions to customer deliveries.
- Only business critical travel (air or vehicle) to destinations where hotels meet the COVID-19 hygiene requirements is now allowed.
- National’s office staff have or are breaking out to different sites and / or isolating themselves at home should they be business critical. I would reassure all visitors and customers our employees understand the practice of good hygiene including social distancing and regular hand washing with soap.
- National has the capacity to host meetings using Microsoft teams, and has a hotair conferencing facility to allow phone meetings. Meeting are now restricted internally.
- Employees who have travelled internationally self-isolate for 14 days per WHO and Department of Health guidelines
- Tool-box and safety meetings in offices and factories occur with high frequency, where individuals are asked to nominate in private at meeting’s end if they are concerned with their health. National then directs the person to stay at home and / or seek medical advice before returning to work.
National Glass has to date had four people test for COVID-19, all tests returned negative, those employees are back at work.
A Business Continuity team meets every forty-eight hours to drive WHO and Australian Department of Health guidelines, with all sales and manufacturing sites updated thereafter.
Being part of a community that strictly adheres to the rules and guidelines, we look forward to the Nation moving past this difficult time.